Free Download
If you’re having tax problems

Tag: international tax

How to File an FBAR for Previous Tax Years

  You have three major option for filing Foreign Bank Account Reports (FBARs) for previous tax years. The best option for you will depend on the specific facts of your case, such as: Whether you failed to report foreign income during the tax years in question. Whether your failure to file was willful or non-willful…. Read more »

How to Avoid Tax Problems When Moving Overseas

If you move overseas to retire or for other reasons, you’ll still need to stay on top of your U.S. tax obligations. That’s because the United States uses a citizenship-based taxation regime, unlike some other countries that tax income based on where it’s earned or where you live. Be aware of the following tax issues… Read more »

Disclosure Under International Tax Agreements and Tax Treaties

What Does an International Tax Agreement Actually Mean? If you are a US citizen living or doing business in a foreign country, that country probably has at least one international tax agreement with the US. The US has already concluded tax agreements with practically all of the so-called developed countries and the list continues to… Read more »