Venar Ayar, Founder and Tax Attorney
Venar Ayar is the principal and founder of Ayar Law and focuses his legal practice on IRS and Michigan tax resolution for both businesses and individuals. He has personally handled a multitude of cases including defending tax audits, negotiating favorable settlements for back taxes, setting up tax payment plans, arranging release of tax liens and levies, defending criminal tax fraud cases and advising those with foreign bank accounts who have not complied with reporting requirements. He represents clients with multi-million dollar assets at stake as well as those with only thousands in assets.
Born and raised in metro Detroit, Michigan, Venar returned to open a tax problem resolution practice when he saw the alarming number of taxpayers struggling due to the downturn in the local economy. He saw there were few qualified and ethical Michigan tax resolution lawyers, but an abundance of scam artists who were taking advantage of taxpayers who needed help.
Prior to opening his Michigan practice, Venar was a tax attorney at RJS Law, southern California’s largest tax law firm. Before working there, Venar worked for several years in metro Detroit as a busy and successful solo tax law practitioner.
In addition to years of experience practicing as a Michigan tax attorney, Venar has owned or operated several small businesses, including an accounting and tax preparation business, supermarkets and a hotel. His business background gives him a solid understanding of the challenges facing small businesses today.
Venar earned his Juris Doctor degree at the University Of San Diego School of Law, which has one of the country’s top tax programs, and graduated Cum Laude. After graduation, Ayar continued his legal education at USD and earned an LLM degree, a Master of Law in Taxation. This is the highest degree available in tax and is held by a minuscule number of the country’s attorneys.
Media Tax Expert Appearances
- WDIV Local 4 TV News, Detroit, Michigan, discussing tax deductions, avoiding tax fraud and the advantages of deferring income
- WXYZ Action 7 TV News, Detroit, Michigan, discussing organizing for tax season, saving money on taxes and avoiding penalties
Recognition as One of Detroit’s Leading Authorities on Tax Law
- Martindale-Hubbell: Highest possible rating
- DBusiness, Detroit’s Premier Business Journal: A Top Lawyer in the Field of Tax Law.
- Super Lawyers: Rising Star designation
- Avvo.com: Superb Attorney rating, 9.8 out of 10
- The State Bar of Michigan, Taxation Section
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Macomb County Bar Association
- Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association
- Chaldean American Bar Association
- American Society of Tax Problem Solvers
- Chaldean Chamber of Commerce
- Southfield Chamber of Commerce